Tuesday, April 10, 2012

MLB's WGT BASEBALL GAME "SCAM" BY JERRY PRITIKIN the Bleacher Preacher

Note the time on my computer...
Note the message about getting a homer on the first try...
Note, no matter where you guess the 3rd pitch will be, it's winds up getting hit out of the park!
Note the same result!

DATELINE CHICAGO: April 10,2012... Over the past several weeks, I notice a MLB game called WGT on my FACEBOOK PAGE. Todate, I have tried it 10 times and the results have been the same each and every time. I have managed to hit 10 HOME RUNS in 10 times at bat. I can assure you that I am not on Steroids, and I have not been stealing the catcher's signals. In fact, I tried to strike out on purpose the last 3 times. The object of the game is to guess where the pitcher is going to throw each pitch so you will be ready to hit it. Somehow the first pitch will
be taken by the batter, the next pitch will be fouled off, and no matter where you think the 3rd pitch will go, it winds up being pitched exactly there, and when you swing it winds up going out of the ball- park for a homer. After 3 homers in a row, I thought I was using Sammy Sosa's corked bat!

I do not equate this SCAM with the 1919 White Sox, however it is a scandle just the same! It reminded me when I was a 16 year old kid at Chicago's Riverview Amusement Park in 1953. On the mid-way there were games of chance, and I remember one of the "Barkers" offering me a free chance to throw a ring at a rack of clothes pins a short distace away. Each pin had a point value, and on my Free Throw I just happened to get 5 points. I was told if I managed to get a total of 10 Points that I would win one of the valuable prizes on the top shelf. There was a portable Adrimal Radio, a Waterman's Pen & Pencil set, A giant stuffed Panda Bear and a few more items that must of been worth atleast $15. bucks. And being a nice guy, the "Barker" allowed me use the 5 points that I received on my free toss. It only cost 50 cents a toss. I was already half way to victory. How could I lose? Somehow I kept getting a half a point a throw or no points at all, and won only a plaster of Paris Kwupie Doll and a cheap cigarette lighter made in Occupied Japan. I managed to lose 10 Dollars and I gave up. As I was walking away a sailor with his girl friend took a free throw... and he too got 5 points like I did on his 1st toss. He wound up losing $10. too and won a cheap prize, and then the next person also got 5 points on his 1st try and did not win any of the big prizes after spending 10 bucks and walking away with a consolation prize.

I learned my lesson back then, and I was not about to see what the next level of the WGT Baseball game was going to cost me. The formula to get me hooked was the same. I believe this License Product of MLB should be banned for their deceptive advertising practice.

Here is the LINK: http://apps.facebook.com/wgtbaseballmlb/?fb_source=bookmark_apps&ref=bookmarks&count=0&fb_bmpos=1_0

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It costs nothing other than wasted time playing a video game. those first 3 pitches are just to let you know how to play pretty much and then let you move on.

Would it be much fun if they told you to hit a home run with a rookie hitter to move on and it took you 80 tries to start playing the game?

Anonymous said...

Dude are you serious? That is the INTRO to the game and nothing more. The game is free. Stop trolling

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious! Seriously dude... you need to move on with life. Turn off the computer. Go outside. Breath in, Breath out.

I would suggest starting with some psychological assessment.

Or... go fly a kite!

Anonymous said...

Ummmmm..... yeah, that's simply the intro to give you a feel for the game lol.

.
ALL of the © JERRY PRITIKIN images on this blog
cannot be reproduced, re-posted elsewhere or published without PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION